We spent a few weeks researching 19 incredible campgrounds that’ll make you want to pitch a tent and go camping right now. Enjoy our list of incredible campgrounds!
1. Yosemite National Park, California
You might recognize it as a stop along the way when playing the Oregon Trail — it’s full of history and even more beautiful un-pixelated.
2. Sequoia National Park, California
Plenty of forest trails through sequoia forests, breathtaking waterfalls, and wildlife sightings, oh my!
3. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Stunning vistas and the largest crater in the USA.
4. Olympic National Park, Washington
From beaches to forest trail walks and starry night skies, this otherworldly place will transport you.
5. Enchanted Rock, Central Texas
Once a site that was sacred to Native Americans, you can now camp out at the base and take a hike to the top of this beautiful pink rock.
6. Joshua Tree National Park, California
A place famous for its rugged beauty and for being close neighbors to the home of Coachella, come see what all the fuss is about.
7. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Most famous for Old Faithful, Yellowstone is home to natural hot springs and wildlife sightings a plenty.
8. Redwood National Forest, Northern California
John Muir said, “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” Experience one of his favorite nature walks by camping out and hiking these trails.
9. Zion National Park, Utah
Its name is synonymous with “the promised land.” Enough said.
10. Glacier National Park, Montana
Glacier has it all: waterfalls, mountains, and forests — oh my!
11. Assateague Island National Seashore, Maryland
If you want to see wild horses roaming around on the beach (and who doesn’t, really??), this is the place for you.
12. Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Ideal for fishing, the park contains over 70 mountain streams with abundant brook trout populations. You also really don’t want to miss a sunset view in these mountains.
13. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
If you’ve never been to the Rocky Mountains, what are you waiting for? Come get a Rocky Mountain high and treat yourself to some of the most beautiful mountain views known to man.
14. Death Valley National Park, California and Nevada
Don’t be intimidated by the name — this valley is a stunningly beautiful place to camp, with over 3.4 million acres of wilderness.
15. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
These mountains are smoky — literally — and no doubt will be some of the most breathtaking peaks you’ll ever see.
16. Grand Teton, Wyoming
You can float the Snake River, explore over two hundred miles of trails, or go rock climbing for some incredible views.
17. Garner State Park, Hill Country Texas
Located deep in the heart of Texas, you can float the Frio River, hike trails, or just enjoy the idyllic views.
18. Big Sur, California Central Coast
19. Sedona, Arizona
Named the most beautiful place in America by USA Today, Sedona is a splendor of epic proportions.